Here are the top headlines of the day:
1. The stage is set for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's UNGA address. He is expected to focus on terror, covid-19, as well as climate change.
2. The Modi-Biden summit heralds a new chapter in Indo-US ties, says Prime Minister Modi post the press conference with President Joe Biden. Both of them discuss trade, technology, climate change, and ways to tackle covid-19.
3. Quad aims for a new world, global leaders at the quad in-person meet call out to cross foreign terror and pledge to ensure that terrorists and terror proxies do not use Afghanistan soil. PM Modi says the unity of all the four countries can ensure peace and prosperity in the Indo-pacific and the entire world.
4. China declares Crypto as illegal, issues a nationwide ban on crypto activities and trading.
5. RBI gives NOD to lenders to sell tagged as fraud loans to asset construction companies, potentially paving the way for focus recovery efforts in loans worth trillions of dollars.
6. Maharashtra schools to re-open in October but in a phased manner. In rural areas, classes will resume from 5-12 and 8-12 in urban areas with social distancing and other protocols.